Beginner question

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by erikexclusive, Oct 11, 2018.

1. erikexclusive

erikexclusive New Member

Hey peeps of r/Flexibility

I finally want to become flexible and started out reading the wiki.

It said :
    * If you are using isometric stretches, the same muscles should not be stretched everyday because they need time to recover just like other strength exercises.

and in the starting stretching faq it says that one should stretch *every day*

so im confused, should i do the starting stretching routine everyday or only 1-3x/week?

2. nat_lite

nat_lite New Member

Yoga is great if you’re interested in doing it, but if flexibility is your main goal, you’re better off doing straight up flexibility routines.

Tom Merrick’s beginner routine is my favorite. You can also search “yoga for flexibility” on YouTube.

I don’t like yoga as much because I find the “soothing” music and voices very annoying.

But do whatever works for you. Be consistent

3. Dunkf1

Dunkf1 New Member

Whatever you find most enjoyable. Be it yoga, following a flexibility routine like the one in the faq here or your own stretching.
    Stretching progress is slow but very worthwhile, so whatever you do just try to make it something you will stick with.
    I think for beginners following along to something is best