Feedback Thread: What should we focus on for the month of August? Chime in!

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by Antranik, Jul 16, 2018 at 9:39 PM.

1. Antranik

Antranik New Member

Hi everybody, summer is here (for those of us in the northern hemisphere) and we should take advantage of this warmth to all stretch together!

#Subreddit Growth

This subreddit has grown consistently over the past few years, slowly but surely, and we surpassed 100,000 subscribers recently, so I think it's time to stretch together one more time by holding some sort of motivational month ("challenge") all together to better reach our goals!

#Motivational Month

In June I wanted to run some sort of motivational month ("challenge") to focus on some movement or body part for flexibility, but I was too busy to get it started.

So my question to you: What motivational month should we hold for August... September... and October? Any ideas you got, let me know! (Front Splits would be awesome, just saying.)

We can even do weekly challenges now that I think about it. We can experiment.

Also, if you have any thoughts on what direction we should take the subreddit, or ways to improve upon it, feel free to comment!

2. ItBritneyBitch

ItBritneyBitch New Member

How to stretch safely? Like technique and tips and stuff. If it has to be specific, how to practice backbending safely

3. GirlFromBlighty

GirlFromBlighty New Member

Box splits is what I'm working on at the moment, would love some extra motivation! But splits in general is always a crowd pleaser & those of us who have them can always improve on oversplits.

4. henryziegler_01

henryziegler_01 New Member

How to properly and safely stretch after physical activity to stay loose and injury free.

5. nzlemming

nzlemming New Member

In terms of what I'd like to work on, basically any lower body work would be fine - pike, side splits/horse stance, pancake. Front splits at a pinch, but it's not a big goal of mine right now.

Something that I'd like to learn more about is end range strength, how to train it and how to apply it to flexibility. It's hard to find much good information out there relating to that. It's probably something that's too complicated for a Motivational Month though.

In terms of improvements to the forum, I think more of these would be great. I get the impression that there's less discussion here than previously, although that might just be my impression - I found this relatively recently, so it may just be that it was really useful at first and is less so now that I've read a lot of the material linked here. At the end of the day, stretching isn't rocket science, the hard bit is just getting down and doing it consistently over a long period of time. I think these really help with that.

6. MiguelTorregroza

MiguelTorregroza New Member

In depth explanation of different kinds of stretching techniques

7. random-brain

random-brain New Member

We could do a 3 month series. A hamstring month and a hip flexor month which would lead into a front splits month. Similar to the shoulder -> hip flexor -> bridge challenges.