Half splits problem

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by lepetitonion, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:14 PM.

1. lepetitonion

lepetitonion New Member

I've been doing half splits as part of my training to slowly get my front splits. I realised that whenever I try to fold my body towards my straight leg, I have a hard time lowering my body. In order to keep my back straight while lowering my torso, my upper body ends up being vertical (around 80 degrees) and I am no where near to folding my upper body during the half splits.

Any suggestions? Also, I am not sure if being able to fold my body during a half split is a necessity for a front split eventually. Still, it is frustrating not being able to do so. I've been told that it will eventually get better but I don't see much progress at this point of time. Any help or tips regarding this would be most appreciated. Thank you.

2. Antranik

Antranik New Member

After you've maximized the amount of anterior pelvic tilt (sticking the butt out) and can't go down anymore with a flat back, it's fine to round your back and bow down over your leg.