What should I do? I have hypermobility, hip snapping syndrome, and anterior pelvic tilt.

Discussion in 'UK Cheerleading Training' started by whyyalreadytaken, Oct 12, 2018.

1. whyyalreadytaken

whyyalreadytaken New Member

* it’s gonna be a long text, I would appreciate if you could read this text from the start to the end

I’ve been squatting and deadlifting for a year now. My movement patterns are quite massed up and I can’t help it. For squat, I can’t squat deep without my torso leaning forward. I’ve tried a lot of squat cues and stretches, but I still can’t keep my back upright at the bottom, and when I try to I lose balance in my feet. I think my body doesn’t know how perform hip extension properly. I can’t flex my glutes when I comes up at the bottom of the squat to the top. When I perform deadlift, I round my lower back when the weight gets heavier as I lose tension in my glutes. The worst thing is, my right side of groin/front hip hurts so much from the start of the lift to lock out. When I lock out at the top, my right side of groin/front hip snaps and clicks, and it’s audible.

I barely get hip pain in my left leg, and when I do lunges, I feel quads more in my left leg, oppositely I feel more glutes in my right leg, the side that the hip clicks. When I raise my leg I can hear multiple clicks in my right hip.

I’m also a hypermobile, I got diagnosed by a doctor last year, when my right side of shoulder had popping and impinging symptoms. I struggle in bench press as well because of it. As seeing my right shoulder has looser joint than my left side, and my right hip clicks whereas my left hip doesn’t, I assume that I have loser joint in my whole right body overall. My right abs are stronger than my left abs, must be the compensation of the weaker muscles.
    I’m doing tons of abs and glutes strengthening works, especially my left glutes to fix my glute imbalances. It works well and I get less lower back pain than before, but my lower back still feels stiff and there’s some pain when I wake up.

It is so hard to find suitable fixing methods that meet all my 3 problems. I’ve tried so many tips and tricks, mobility works, and form rolling, but I think it only works for people who have general hip issues, not for me, who have complex body problems. Since I have anterior pelvic tilt, I stretch my hip flexors a lot before deadlift, but it causes more pain. I’ve heard that hypermobiles should not stretch their hip flexors, so should not do any static stretch, but I can’t stop doing it to relief my lower back pain. Every time I search about fixing APT or Snapping Hip Syndrome, all I get is ‘stretch your hip flexors’. Should I keep stretching it no matter what? Or should I stop it and strengthen my hip flexors instead? What rehabilitations should I do in order to get rid of chronic lower back pain, snapping hip and be able to perform proper hip extensions as considering my hypermobility?

Thank you so much for reading my text.

2. cheftastysmoov

cheftastysmoov New Member

To me this suggests that something is out of balance. I strongly suggest cross-training at least a few times a week with a balanced yoga class. As you progress through a yoga series you will likely be able to identify which points in your body’s makeup that are weak and throwing you out of balance.